Seeking a Spanish-speaking psychologist, licensed master’s level counselor, or intern (either doctorate or master’s level) to join a small and thriving mental health practice in San Diego (Pacific Neurobehavioral Clinic). The clinician would be working collaboratively alongside a neuropsychologist and other psychologists. Depending on the level of experience, supervision and/or consultation would be provided. This position has two primary duties:
1) THERAPY: The clinician would be providing individual therapy to primarily adult, Spanish-speaking patients, most of whom are dealing with chronic pain, adjustment to medical conditions, depression, anxiety, and PTSD. At least two days per week would be required, though opportunities to add more days for a greater caseload are certainly possible.
2) NEUROPSYCHOLOGICAL TESTING: The clinician would administer and score a wide range of neuropsychological tests, and work as a technician at least one day out of the week for the neuropsychologists at the practice (Drs. Silva and Jurick). Full training on administration and scoring of the neuropsychological tests would be provided prior to beginning this job.
Group consultation meetings occur on at least a monthly basis at the practice. Weekly supervision consistent with the requirements for registered psychological assistant or master’s level intern would be provided on an individual basis.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated, savvy therapist willing to expand their clinical skills in working with medical populations.
PNBC strives to provide high-quality services to the community. We believe that keeping a good work-life balance for our staff helps us provide better care to our patients.
Pay is based on experience level. Health and retirement benefits (after vesting period) are available for full-time employees.
– Minimum completion of a Master’s degree in Psychology or Counseling.
– Fluent in Spanish, as most patients seen in therapy will be monolingual Spanish-speakers.
– Experience in a primary healthcare or medical setting preferred.
– Licensed preferred.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, your CV, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.