***While this ad is for a psychological associate, we are also seeking licensed psychologists. Please submit your interest if you are already licensed; pay would be negotiated based on experience level.***
Pacific Neurobehavioral Clinic, PC (PNBC) is a private practice in San Diego, CA consisting of neuropsychologists and psychologists with specialties in health, gero, and pain psychology. We take pride in providing a high level of service to our patients, utilizing empirically-based methods balanced with compassionate care. PNBC provides good work-life balance, with flexibility in hours, health benefits to full time employees, 401K retirement plan, and a collegial work environment. Our main office is located in the vibrant, walkable neighborhood of Hillcrest. The position would allow for a combination of rendering services in-office as well as telehealth.
PNBC is seeking to employ a self-motivated, detail-oriented, psychological associate to join our practice. Supervision would be provided by a board-certified neuropsychologist, as well as clinical psychologists specializing in health and pain psychology. The psychological associate (PA) would primarily gain experience working with workers’ compensation patients who may present with: chronic pain, somatic symptom disorders, PTSD, mood and anxiety disorders, and adjustment to complex medical conditions. The PA would perform therapy with these patients and would also have the opportunity to perform psychological evaluations prior to treatment.
There are additional opportunities available (depending on the interest of the PA) that include: 1) Shadow our geropsychologist at skilled nursing facilities, 2) Learn to conduct evaluations to rule out ADHD. However, the primary role for the PA would be as a therapist.
This is a terrific opportunity that can potentially lead to continued employment in this private practice environment after licensure, with competitive pay and benefits that are not typically found in private practices.
- Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology.
- Registration with the Board of Psychology as a Psychological Associate would be required prior to starting the job. Please note this can take approximately three months.
- Physically located in San Diego, CA.
- Though not required, Spanish-speaking fluency is highly desirable.
- This is a full-time position, with 40 hours per week expected. This would include a minimum caseload of 25 patients per week, and the remainder of the time would be used for administrative activities (ex: writing progress notes, supervision), as well as training opportunities.
- You would receive supervision by multiple psychologists within this practice, who would have met the supervision requirements by the Board of Psychology.
PAY & BENEFITS:
- Salary range of $40,000-$55,000/year.
- Option for medical/dental/vision health benefits.
- 401K with company matching (after one year of employment).
- Paid holidays.
- $500/year for conferences or exam fees.
- Flexibility in scheduling hours.
- Collaboration and consultation with a variety of psychologists with niche specialties.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, CV, and three references to DSilva@neuropacific.com.